Homework – the process of independent work of students, without which it is impossible to ensure the unity of teaching and independent teaching of students” How? The result the purpose of homework: consolidation of the material passed preparation for the assimilation of new material bringing into the system of material of any section to trace the line of the question on the program of different classes to ensure the necessary repetition of the material development of students ‘thinking prevention of students’ lag expansion and deepening of knowledge.
The main aims of English homework
- Increase motivation to learn the language;
- To develop speech competence: the ability to understand authentic foreign language texts, as well as the ability to transmit information in coherent reasoned statements;
- To increase the volume of linguistic knowledge;
- To expand the scope of knowledge about the socio-cultural specifics of the country of the target language;
- Develop the ability and willingness to self-study English;
- Present differentiated, creative tasks that are aimed at strengthening the skills of students.
How to overcome the negative and make homework effective?
- Students should understand the usefulness of homework. To do this, the teacher should explain both the purpose of homework in general and individual exercises.
- Exercises should be relevant, interesting and varied.
- It is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of students.
- The teacher should remember that children are given homework and other subjects. So the volume of the exercises should not be given.
- Be sure to check your homework. The check should be included in the General scheme of work and taken into account when planning a lesson.
- Homework should summarize classwork, but should not repeat it.
- If you are given work at home, then evaluate it in any way. Sometimes you can attract peers to assess the work performed.
Sometimes you feel like you need a bit of help, refer to do my English homework for me.
If you are asked to read the text at home in the language, then, first of all, you have to get a dictionary. It can be a thick paper dictionary, and electronic – on the Internet you can easily find them. We should not use automatic translators of whole sentences, these programs are very imperfect and often so much distort the meaning of the text that, in an attempt to guess what was discussed, you can make a lot of mistakes.
If you are asked to retell a text, try to retell it for yourself in your own language first. And then translate the paraphrase into English.
During the lesson with the teacher, it often seems that you understand everything and speak well, but it is necessary to be alone with English, as there are questions and problems. Difficulties exist in order to overcome them. The presence of homework helps to identify and eliminate difficulties in learning the language.