How do I restore a SharePoint site collection?
How do I restore a SharePoint site collection?
To restore a deleted site collection, you must use the Restore-SPDeletedSite cmdlet or programmatically access the object model. SharePoint Server 2019 users can restore items that they’ve deleted themselves, and also items that other users in the site have deleted.
How do I recover a deleted SharePoint collection?
Perform the following steps to restore the deleted site.
- Step 1: Go to Site Settings. Go to the root site collection of the deleted site.
- Step 2: Go to the Second-Stage Recycle Bin. Click Recycle bin under Site Collection Administration section.
- Step 3: Restore your deleted site.
How do I restore a SharePoint site from PowerShell?
SharePoint Online: PowerShell to Restore a Deleted Site Collection
- Step 1: Connect to SharePoint Online from SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- Step 2: Get a List of All Deleted Site Collections.
- Step 3: Restore the Site collection from Recycle bin.
How do I restore a SharePoint 2013 site?
- Step 1: Open SharePoint Management Shell. Go to your farm server where you have central administrator. Open SharePoint 2013 Management Shell / SharePoint 2016 Management Shell;
- Step 2: Backup. Run following command;
- Step 3: Restore. Run following command to restore the backup;
How do I restore a SharePoint library?
Go to the SharePoint document library you’d like to restore. (In Microsoft Teams, from the Files tab at the top of your channel, select More > Open in SharePoint.) > Restore this library. Note: If you don’t see Restore this library under Settings, you either don’t have permission or you’re looking at a classic library.
How do I back up a collection in SharePoint online?
Backup site using central admin
- Open “SharePoint Central Administration”
- Click on “Backup and Restore” from left navigation.
- Click on “Perform a site collection backup” present under “Granular Backup”.
- Select “Site Collection” and enter backup file save path.
Where do deleted SharePoint sites go?
Deleted items go into the SharePoint site recycle bin for a period of time or until they are emptied from the recycle bin. The SharePoint site recycle bin isn’t the same as the Windows recycle bin that you see on your desktop.
How do you check who deleted SharePoint online site?
How to check who deleted SharePoint Online site?
- Expand Search >> Audit Log Search. Select the Activities as “Deleted site” and set the date parameters accordingly and hit search.
- This will get you all sites deleted along with the user name who has deleted the site.
How do I restore SharePoint root?
Go to the SharePoint admin center. On the ribbon, select Recycle Bin. In the Recycle Bin, select the check box next to the site collection that you want to restore. On the ribbon, select Restore Deleted Items.
How do I restore a SharePoint backup?
In the left pane of the web interface of your SharePoint site, select Recycle bin. In the Recycle bin, select the files you want to recover, right click the selected files and in the context menu click Restore.
How do I restore a previous version of SharePoint?
How to restore a previous version of a SharePoint file Print
- Click the ellipsis (…) next to a file.
- Select Version history from the pop-up menu.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the version you wish to restore and select Restore.
How do I automatically backup files in SharePoint?
Go to SharePoint Online files library, open Documents, select the needed files, right click the selected files, and in the context menu, click Download. Save the files to the local disk of your computer or to a portable disk that can be used to store your Office 365 SharePoint backup.
How to restore a SharePoint site collection to a specific content database?
If you want to restore the site collection to a specific content database, use the DatabaseServer and DatabaseName parameters to specify the content database. If you do not specify a content database, the site collection will be restored to a content database chosen by SharePoint Server.
How to backup and restore SharePoint 2010 Central Administration?
Go to START -> All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products -> SharePoint 2010 Central Administration. On the left side, click on the Central Administration link and in right side, in the detail pane, you will see Backup and Restore options as shown below.
How do I restore a site collection using PowerShell?
You can use PowerShell to restore a site collection manually or as part of a script that can be run at scheduled intervals. securityadmin fixed server role on the SQL Server instance. db_owner fixed database role on all databases that are to be updated. Administrators group on the server on which you are running the PowerShell cmdlets.
How to restore a SharePoint farm and web application?
To restore a SharePoint farm and web applications, go to Backup and Restore page as shown below. Click on the Restore from a backup link to go to restore page. On the first step of restore, specify the shared location where you have stored the backup and click on the Refresh button.