How do I add multiple rows in Excel?
How to insert multiple rows in Excel
- Select the row below where you want the new rows to appear.
- Right click on the highlighted row and select “Insert” from the list.
- To insert multiple rows, select the same number of rows that you want to insert.
- Then, right click inside the selected area and click “Insert” from the list.
How do I make a list of data in Excel?
Create a Data List in Excel
- Select a cell in the table.
- Select Home > Sort & Filter > Filter.
- Column header arrows appear to the right of each header.
- When you select a column header arrow, a filter menu appears.
- Sort your data list to find whatever specific data you want to retrieve.
How do I graph two sets of data in Excel?
How to Put Two Sets of Data on One Graph in Excel
- Click and drag on the worksheet data that you want to chart.
- Click the “Insert” tab on the command ribbon, then click the tiny arrow button in the lower-right corner of the Charts group to open the Insert Chart dialog box.
- Click a chart type in the sidebar to preview your data series converted to that chart type.
How do I create a custom cell style in Excel?
Create a custom cell style
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Cell Styles.
- Click New Cell Style.
- In the Style name box, type an appropriate name for the new cell style.
- Click Format.
- On the various tabs in the Format Cells dialog box, select the formatting that you want, and then click OK.
How do I get a list of values in Excel?
You can populate your list with text, numbers or even formulas.
- Open the worksheet where you want to create the list, and then open a new worksheet by clicking the “+” or the new worksheet icon at the bottom of the window.
- Enter the values you want displayed in the list.
Is there a unique function in Excel?
The Excel UNIQUE function returns a list of unique values in a list or range. Values can be text, numbers, dates, times, etc.
How do you create a list of names in Excel?
Here are the steps to create Named Ranges in Excel using Define Name:
- Select the range for which you want to create a Named Range in Excel.
- Go to Formulas –> Define Name.
- In the New Name dialogue box, type the Name you wish to assign to the selected data range.
- Click OK.
How do you add a unique function in Excel?
- If you format the range of names as an Excel table, then the formula will automatically update when you add or remove names.
- If you want to sort the list of names, you can add the SORT function: =SORT(UNIQUE(B2:B12&” “&A2:A12))
How do I combine multiple lines in one line in Excel?
To merge two or more rows into one, here’s what you need to do:
- Select the range of cells where you want to merge rows.
- Go to the Ablebits Data tab > Merge group, click the Merge Cells arrow, and then click Merge Rows into One.
How do I get a list of unique values in Excel?
In Excel, there are several ways to filter for unique values—or remove duplicate values:
- To filter for unique values, click Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced.
- To remove duplicate values, click Data > Data Tools > Remove Duplicates.
How do I create a custom series in Excel?
Create your own custom list
- In a column of a worksheet, type the values to sort by.
- Select all of the cells in that list, and then click File > Options > Advanced.
- Scroll way down to the General section and click Edit Custom Lists…
- In the Custom Lists box, click Import.
Where is AutoFill in Excel?
Put the mouse pointer over the bottom right-hand corner of the cell until it’s a black plus sign. Click and hold the left mouse button, and drag the plus sign over the cells you want to fill. And the series is filled in for you automatically using the AutoFill feature.
How do you add lines in Excel?
Open a Spreadsheet
- Open a Spreadsheet.
- Launch Excel.
- Highlight Desired Cell.
- Position the cursor in a single cell you want to have grid lines.
- Click “Borders” Menu.
- Click the “Home” tab if it’s not enabled.
- Click “All Borders”
- Click the “All Borders” button to display grid lines on the single cell.
How do I build a chart in Excel?
Create a chart
- Select the data for which you want to create a chart.
- Click INSERT > Recommended Charts.
- On the Recommended Charts tab, scroll through the list of charts that Excel recommends for your data, and click any chart to see how your data will look.
- When you find the chart you like, click it > OK.
How do I list all tabs in Excel?
Excel: Right Click to Show a Vertical Worksheets List
- Right-click the controls to the left of the tabs.
- You’ll see a vertical list displayed in an Activate dialog box. Here, all sheets in your workbook are shown in an easily accessed vertical list.
- Click on whatever sheet you need and you’ll instantly see it!
How can you automatically wrap multiple lines of text in a cell?
Wrap text automatically On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click Wrap Text. (On Excel for desktop, you can also select the cell, and then press Alt + H + W.) Notes: Data in the cell wraps to fit the column width, so if you change the column width, data wrapping adjusts automatically.
How do you split text into two lines in Excel?
To add spacing between lines or paragraphs of text in a cell, use a keyboard shortcut to add a new line. Click the location where you want to break the line. Press ALT+ENTER to insert the line break.
How do you automate a list in Excel?
Automating Data Validation Lists in Excel
- Excel 2007 and later – Choose Insert and then Table. Make sure that My Table Has Headers is selected and then click OK.
- Excel:Mac 2011 – On the Tables tab of the ribbon, click the arrow next to the New command and then choose Insert Table with Headers.
- Excel 2003 and earlier – Choose Data, List, and then Create List.
What is the shortcut to merge cells in Excel?
Merge Cells: This feature just combines the selected cells. To only merge cells in excel use shortcut Use ALT>H>M>M . Unmerge Cells: This features Unmerge the selected cells to their default location. The shortcut to unmerge cells is ALT>H>M>U.
How do I put multiple lines in one cell?
With these simple steps you can control exactly where the line breaks will be.
- Click on the cell where you need to enter multiple lines of text.
- Type the first line.
- Press Alt + Enter to add another line to the cell. Tip.
- Type the next line of text you would like in the cell.
- Press Enter to finish up.
How do I make a list of tables in Excel?
To change a list into an Excel table,
- Select a cell inside a list.
- On the Insert tab, click Table or press Ctrl+T.
- The Create Table dialog box appears with the entire range automatically selected.
- If your Table has a row of header labels at the top, then select My table has headers.
- Choose Ok.
How do you make a dynamic list in Excel?
Creating a Dynamic Drop Down List in Excel (Using OFFSET)
- Select a cell where you want to create the drop down list (cell C2 in this example).
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation.
- In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the Settings tab, select List as the Validation criteria.
How do I create a custom AutoFill list in Excel 2016?
Create your own AutoFill Series Click the File tab. Click the Excel Options button to open the Excel Options dialog box. Click the Advanced button [A] and scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Options window. Click the Edit Custom Lists button [B] to open the Custom Lists dialog box.