What are the different courts in Delaware?

Welcome to the Delaware Courts Delaware’s court system is composed of the Supreme Court, Court of Chancery, Superior Court, Family Court, Court of Common Pleas, Justice of the Peace Court, Administrative Office of the Courts, and related agencies.

How do I get a Delaware police report?

How do I get a copy of an incident report? To obtain a copy of an incident report you can call New Castle County Police at 302-395-8070 or visit the Public Safety Building at 3601 N DuPont Hwy, New Castle, DE 19702.

What kind of cases go to Chancery court?

These actions include cases involving deception, contracts, dissolution of personal or business partnerships, mental disability and guardianship, juvenile issues, redemption of land, and construction, as well as the enforcement of wills and trusts.

How do you find a court case number?

Find the docket number by contacting the court clerk where the case is being heard. This is the most straightforward way to get the case number. As long as you know the party’s name and the county where the case is heard, the clerk can quickly access the docket number.

How do I look up my court records?

Check your county clerk’s website. You can usually Access Criminal Court Records for civil, criminal, and small claims cases at the district or county level. Type your county’s name and “criminal records” or “civil court records” into a search engine to find these records.

Which Court hears criminal matters in Delaware?

The Constitution of Delaware, Article IV, Section 1, authorizes the Family Court. The Superior Court, the State’s court of general jurisdiction, has original jurisdiction over criminal and civil cases except equity cases. The Court has exclusive jurisdiction over felonies and almost all drug offenses.

How do you search for a criminal case?

Request information on criminal archives and the procedure for requesting case histories. Find the case or case description at the appropriate archival office. Identify the police precinct that investigated the case and the agency responsible for creating and distributing transcripts through the case history.