What is self competence?
What is self competence?
Self-competence, which involves the interrelationship between self-perception of personal worth and efficacy, is an important component of healthy development during adolescence. The key components of this self-competence are self-esteem, self-determination, and successful coping.
What are the four aspects of communicative competence?
- grammatical (ability to create grammatically correct utterances),
- sociolinguistic (ability to produce sociolinguistically appropriate utterances),
- discourse (ability to produce coherent and cohesive utterances), and.
- strategic (ability to solve communication problems as they arise).
What are core competencies examples?
Examples of personal core competencies
- Strategic planning.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Leadership and personnel management.
- Project management.
- Attention to detail.
What are the characteristics of a competent communicator?
Researchers have broken down the characteristics of competent communicators into five (5) areas: self-awareness, adaptability, empathy, cognitive complexity, and ethics. We shall define and discuss each, in turn. Want to learn more? Take an online course in Interpersonal Communication.
Is tenacity a personal competencies?
Personal competencies: creativity, determination, integrity, tenacity, emotional balance and self-criticism. Interpersonal competencies: communication, engagement/charisma, delegation, respect. Business competencies: business vision, resource management, networking, negotiating skills.
What are the elements of communication competence?
Four Elements of Definition of Communication Competence by Canale and Swain:
- 1 – Grammatical Competence: words and rules.
- 2 – Sociolinguistic Competence: appropriateness.
- 3 – Discourse Competence: cohesion and coherence.
- 4 – Strategic Competence: appropriate use of communicative strategies.
How can you achieve communication competence?
- State ideas clearly.
- Communicate ethically.
- Recognize when it is appropriate to communicate.
- Identify their communication goals.
- Select the most appropriate and effective medium for communicating.
- Demonstrate credibility.
- Identify and manage misunderstandings.
- Manage conflict.
What is communication competence quizlet?
Communication Competence. engaging in communication with others that is perceived to be both appropriate and effective. Effectiveness. the degree to which we have progressed toward the achievement of our goals.